Healthy Organized Lifestyle
Top 10 Gifts for a Fit SmartGirl in 2017 December 19, 2016 11:11
We all know that fit SmartGirl that is sometimes too tough to buy for. Yoga pants again? Another tank top? Year after year her gift wishlist is the same old. This year, we've put together the top 10 perfect gifts to get that special fit woman for her new 2017 upcoming year!
- Apple Watch – now partners with the Nike app for complete training and tracking.
- Sassy tank top with a motivational or fun saying. Spice up your girl’s workout selections with a fun tank that she can enjoy.
- Daily/weekly fitness planner/journal. Help her plan and stay on course with a handwritten workout journal. Sure, there’s plenty of electronic apps these days but sometimes it’s just nice to have it all in writing on a nice Sunday morning as you plan your week over coffee.
- A mini blue tooth keyring speaker – headphones on a long run are out. Just tie this to your backpack, fanny belt or whatever and blare your music down the trail.
- Heated gloves – cold hands? Every runner or biker knows that’s the toughest part of winter. Get a pair of heated gloves and never suffer again. With a lithium battery that lasts hours, they’ll outrun you.
- Furniture sliders. Okay sounds odd. But did you know how many tough exercises can be done by using sliders underneath your feet? Check it out – she’ll be sure to thank you for the creativity
- Fitness channel subscription. Almost all major brands of fitness DVD’s also have an online monthly subscription program. Your loved one can shake up her routine by having a different at-home workout at her fingertips every day with this gift.
- Phone Power bank for extra power. Why worry about a dead phone during a long workout? An ultraslim power bank will charge your phone 2-3 times over. SmartGirl Bags has one today for an extra low price. Use code FITGIRL for 20% off too!
- Wine of the month club – whoops – okay not really fitness oriented, but quite fun after a long run!
- …….and #1 (we saved the best for last) why, a new SmartGirl Bag for the gym. Why go plain, same old same old? Or why get a pretty bag that’s a complete “black hole?” You can have pretty and super organized all in one. Our bags, quite affordable too we might add, provide you sassy flirty patterns and 11 pockets inside and out! Go for it Fit Girl! Use code FITGIRL for 20% off now through January 31, 2016!
Creating A Summer To-Go Bag – 5 Items You Must Include! July 18, 2016 12:39
Summer is a busy time. Moms with young kids are on the go constantly. Trips to the library, museums, splash pads, pool parties, play-dates, picnics at the park, not to mention sporting events, camping trips and day camps. Packing a bag with all the essentials will help you stay more organized for all the activities summer throws your way. You never know when you’ll be rushing out the door for that last minute pool invitation or you just need to get out of the house for some fresh air at the park.
So what should your bag include? Every family will have their must-haves but here are 5 summer essentials to include:
- Sunscreen – keep it simple, sunscreen stick and spray to quickly apply to those kiddos ready for some fun in the sun.
- Bug Spray – It’s important to keep those kids safe from insect bites. Keep some insect repellant handy.
- Water – have some water bottles ready to go in your bag. Staying hydrated is important for healthy little bodies!
- Snacks – have a few snacks ready to go. We love fruit leathers and goldfish in our house. Something to curb little appetites while they are out playing hard!
- A change of clothes – You never know when those little legs will run through a fountain or splash in a mud puddle. It’s nice to have a spare change of clothes. You could even keep a spare swimsuit in your bag for such occasions.
Staying organized will help you enjoy those fleeting summer moments even more. And with your SmartGirl Bag, the eleven pockets inside and out it, will make it even easier to stay organized. So stay Smart and pack your bag now!
The Perfect Mom Tote Bag: SmartGirl Bags July 15, 2015 10:50 1 Comment
As a mother on the go, this summer has been especially busy. With two boys, 8 and 10, both in summer baseball, and working full-time, it seems I’m always on the run. As I leave for the day, I am anticipating what I need for work all day long (as well as productive breaks and lunches) and what do I need as we run off to baseball practice at 5:30?
Maybe you can relate, but it seems like I carry the kitchen sink with me all the time. For work, I take my water bottle, snacks, lunch, tablet PC to surf or book to read during lunch as well as my checkbook to balance, notebook of to-do’s. Sometimes, I carry my walking shoes to get in 30 minutes too!
When it’s time to run to practice, there’s no time for supper first. So I fill my tote-bag with snacks for the kids, sunblock, hats, even a baseball glove or two. Until this summer, there’s hasn’t been a bag out there that could keep up until now. My mother-in-law gave me my new Red Hot Sizzle SmartGirl Bag. It’s the perfect tote bag for moms! She originally bought it for me because of the cute colors. I love polka dots and red! But we both quickly realized, this bag saves my life!
The SmartGirl saying is that they bridge the gap between sexy and functional – let me tell you how true that is! My SmartGirl Bag allows me to take everything I need all day and all evening with me in one tote. I love the organization of this bag! It has 5 open exterior pockets and 6 interior compartments that keep me organized! Everything has its own pocket too – not just dumped into one big black hole like most bags. The pockets and the bag’s main space are both roomy too.
I take this bag with us everywhere! I even get my husband to carry it around (a man with a bright red bag!) oftentimes because he loves that everything is in one place.
In short, my SmartGirl Bag has literally saved my life this summer. Take it from one Mom to another, this is a ladies perfect tote!
As told to SmartGirl Bags by Amanda R., Castlerock, Colorado, Summer